Monday, February 25, 2008

Summer Body

I have been working out quite a bit over the summer break in order to achieve the "summer body" that I kept telling my friends about. By the end of uni last year I felt I was that I was in the worse physical condition of my whole life and people even started to comment on my weight!! I had gained about 6 extra kgs but the worse part all the extra fat instead of whatever slight muscles I had ( I wasn't toned by any means but wasn't a fluff bag either)

So by the end of summer break lets see the results, I managed to get from 86-87 to about 83.5kgs, not bad but still not close to my goal of 80kgs.
I can now lift the weights I used to be able to lift before the great depression era, actually even higher then that (except for legs agh), but still no cuts in my arms like before. I think my fitness has improved a bit as I can run at a higher pace for longer time.

The big problem is... UNI STARTED...there is no way I can afford to work out for 2 hours everyday now, but I promised myself to keep a schedule so here it is:
Monday & Tuesday:
squash
Wednesday:
chest + playing indoor soccer
Thursday:
shoulders + back + cardio
Friday:
Futsal + biceps
Saturday:
triceps + abs
Sunday:
KO extreme + streching

After the first uni day today and the anticipated workload,i am not sure I can keep up, but the ones I cannot afford to sacrifice are the chest, biceps and triceps exercises. Lets see hmm

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Well, I hope you can keep it up, the way my work and college classes clash I have little energy left for working out but I am bringing my gymbag to work today, lets see if I can do this. lol At least when I go to Kuwait with my job we will have mandatory PT with the shole section 3 times a week, so then there will be no excuses, lol.

11:18 pm  
Blogger Organica said...

Wow! Even if you achieve 50% of that schedule, you will be doing great.

Honestly, I've been slacking on the workout department, I don't want to say much.

2:44 am  
Blogger Organica said...

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Hmm let's see..
I decided to not play inter-club squash due to uni workload.

I have been good with weights training and indoor soccer (team needs their captain) but have only attended one KO class so far, haven't joined the inter-club squash and haven't done cardio for AGES. So ya I think the winter body is gonna come back soon lol.

I've been far too hmm annoyed to write anything decent, thanks for reminding me I have a blog :p

9:12 pm  
Blogger asoom said...

yea I hear ya...I became very unhealthy and out of shape during grad school and during my off-year I lost about 30 lbs because I had the peace of mind to prioritize my health.

I start school again in the fall and I have to be extra committed not to gain any weight back.

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home