I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut
I went grocery shopping today and at the checkout there was this young Indian girl at the cashier. As she was passing my stuff through and I noticed her name tag, it said "Zeba".
Me: hmm what does your name means?
Cashier: I don't know
Me: In my language it means beautiful by the way"
Big pacific cashier behind her shoots me a sharp look "NICE TRY" *roll eyes*
Cashier: What culture are you from
Me: errrm Iran.
Then I proceed to explain that I wasn't trying to be flirty and that she should look it up online that am not lying etc..
And now for the rest of the day I am wishing I kept my mouth shut..the embarrassment is way too much and until now am shaking my head. I think having worked in the enrollment centre the past week and being nice to everyone has made me try to strike a conversation with most people... aggggggh


3 Comments:
Your are totally hilarious :)
Nice try *wink wink*
Lol, Don't worry about it, we all have those moments where we feel mortified.
Thanks for the comments, obviously I wasn't trying to flirt with her.... ahm ahm
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home