What have I been up to
Well not much really, almost exclusively uni related:
_ I do not like to work with this classmate of mine, we worked on an assignment due on Friday. She is probably much smarter than me but put two intense/perfectionists together in a team and you can't get any good work out of them...I felt muted and unable to contribute to the assignment (apart from building the computer models) so ended up agreeing with whatever she wrote. She was also obsessed with editing the very small bits I added to the report aggggghhhhh
_ Had a job interview on Wednesday, it went alright and I was asked to go for another interview this Tuesday in the company's office. Not sure what to say, the company is tiny but does very interesting stuff. They have no "graduate programme" which can work in my advantage since it will probably allow me to get holidays back to Oman whenever I want. Biggest issue is that it is in Christchurch, I would like to live in another city. Unfortunately my mom is already expecting me to get back to Oman once I finish.
_ Got a contact through my lecturer to do a bit of "consultancy" work. The person wants to know why a certain mining company is buying less of their products. I will probably won't be able to help much but its good experience.
_ I still lament humanity and how fake friendship is in this day and age.. sigh
_ I know the importance of team work when you "get out there in the real word" but I am sure if certain people do not care about their work/project they would be fired, unfortunately this is not the case here at uni. Had another case study were 2 members of a team of 5 were not doing anything... and when I tell one of them in a stern way to complete this task I get called a "dick" siiiiiigh and worse of all I didn't give him a piece of my mind the wanker
_ I have to finish my research project and hand it in by Monday. I haven't started writing anything yet and typically they should be between 20-40 pages long so let's see how it goes.
On that note I think I should go and make a start at least.


4 Comments:
*My professor randomly set up groups yesterday for this huge project. I made the tough decision to let my professor know that I couldn't work with a certain someone (cuz she is a *****). I can't stand the "know-it-all" people, especially when they dismiss your own opinions and outlooks.
*What part of Oman are you from? My aunt and her family have lived in Salalah, Oman forever!
*I have a huge paper due Tuesday. I have no idea what I will do.
Ahh tell me about it, the problem with me is that I actually was the one suggested we should work in a group.. you never know if a combination works until you try it sigh. Nothing embarrassing with telling your professor about it, I did it once but as a pre-emptive strike (told him before assigning groups that I would not like this person to be with me haha).
Oh and I grew up in Muscat, where everything is happening ahm ahm Salalah is nice too especially in the autumn you should visit them sometime
You'll miss school once you're out of it ;)
I can totally relate to having that undesired perfectionist lab partner. The last semester of my undergrad senior year I had TWO such partners and I ended up just stepping aside and doing whatever they assigned me to do because there was just too much head butting.
Hehe ya, having two... agh unimaginable! Must've been fun watching them try to take the upper hand though :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home